New York City International Law Attorney
If your company needs to execute an international business transaction or has encountered problems in an international commercial matter, you need an experienced lawyer to help you resolve your legal issues. In addition to the potential language barrier, the laws of a foreign country can provide significantly different protections for business transactions than your own country’s law do. Perhaps most importantly, you want matters resolved in a professional way, so as to not damage your access to foreign markets in the future.
New York City International Law Attorney Serving Clients Worldwide
The Law Offices of Kenneth T. Wasserman has a long history of helping foreign and domestic businesses with both transactional and litigation work in the United States and abroad. Some of our clients are international businesses that face litigation in the United States. Others are domestic companies in need of legal guidance to secure an international contract. Regardless of your global requirements, our firm is well positioned to help you complete transactions in any country. With an extensive network of business and legal contacts around the world, we have the resources to help your business achieve its goals.
Comprehensive Legal Services for Companies in the Global Market
- Contact our firm to learn more about our international legal service, including:
- Advising international attorneys on U.S. law
- Advising clients on matters relating to sovereign governments
- Counsel for international commerce and estate matters
- Foreign investment services
- Foreign contract disputes
- International business litigation in which one or more parties are not from the U.S.
- International business arbitration (serving as counsel or as an arbitrator)
- U.S. discovery for litigation in foreign countries
- In addition to our international business law practice, we are also in a strong position to help individual clients who face international issues in estate administration and probate litigation.
Experienced in Internal Commercial Law
Mr. Wasserman is an avid world traveler and has been to more than 100 countries for both business and pleasure. Fluent in French, he has a deep understanding of multiple cultures and brings his knowledge of international etiquette to both personal and business contexts.
Having worked with countless attorneys worldwide, Mr. Wasserman has also given numerous legal seminars abroad and served on many international committees. In addition, he holds many past and present positions in international associations such as:
- New York City Bar Association, International Commercial Disputes Committee, 2009 – present
- American Foreign Law Association, Vice President, 2008 – present
- Council on Foreign Relations, U.S. Asia Update Roundtable, 2008 – present
- New York City Bar Association, Council on International Affairs, 2006 – present
- Council on Foreign Relations, Winston Lord Roundtable on Asia, 2003 – present
- New York City Bar Association, Committee on Asian Affairs, 2003 – 2006
- New York City Bar Association, Committee on Professional and Judicial Ethics, 2003 – 2006
- American Bar Association Section on International Law